Getting more followers on Pinterest isn’t much different from getting followers on any other social media network. You must be a contributing part of the community on a regular and ongoing basis, ask for people to follow you and follow them back.
1. Add a Pinterest Tab on Facebook: You can easily add a tab on your Facebook page in order to encourage people to follow you on Pinterest. When you create the new tab, be sure to point it out and announce it to your Facebook likes.
2. Add a Follow Pin on Your Blog: Your blog and website should also have a follow me button for Pinterest. If you use WordPress there are many plugins available to make this a simple and almost automatic thing to do.
3. Invite Your Friends: When you join Pinterest you get the option to invite the friends their system can find, using your email address book to determine who might be your friend.
4. Cross-Promote Your Social Media: Using your email mailing list and other social media accounts, be sure to share your different social media accounts with easy share, like and follow buttons.
5. Comment on Popular Pinboards: When you comment on pinboards, everyone who sees your comment can follow you on Pinterest. If you comment, just say something intelligent and don’t spam by asking people to follow you. Really communicate with others without ìsellingî.
6. Post Original Content Regularly: Don’t add 100 updates all at once; instead create them and then schedule them to go out periodically. This way you show up with something new often. And the more often you show up with something new, the more chances you have of people following you.
7. Repin Other People’s Content: When someone has content that you like and that you find useful, repin it. The activity is going to show up to more people and then you’ll have more of a chance to get new followers.
8. Use Keywords Wisely: Keywords are important because that’s how people find you when they want to find certain types of pins. Add keywords in descriptions, board names, and anyplace you can to get more viewers.
Getting more followers on Pinterest will help increase the buzz about your business, as well as help bring more traffic to your website and blog. Plus, you may also gain email subscribers if you organize your pinboards in such a way that makes viewers curious about what else you have to offer. Build your followers, like your boards slowly and steadily, and you’ll get a lot further and be more successful than if you do it too quickly.